Suffolk Long Island Mentor & Mentee continues to grow! If you are passionate, dedicated, and looking to make a difference, come grow with us. Join our board!
Interested applicants, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Fundraising Director (FD) will spearhead fundraising and development efforts as Suffolk LI, MNM continues to grow. The FD serves as a key leadership board member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting MNM nonprofit activities.
- The FD will help forge new relationships to build MNM’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. This function also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
- The FD will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a budget through the solicitation of major gifts; federal, state and county grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- The FD will expand and diversify MNM’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the VP will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
- It is expected that the amount raised by MNM will increase in future years as the FD systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Support and partner with the ED and board members on all major fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with the ED and Board to develop and implement MNM’s financial strategy
- Actively work with the ED and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position MNM ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Identify, develop, and mentor the development team
- Professional experience in a non profit organization; demonstrated success in a fundraising function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside MNM.
- High energy and passion for MNM’s mission is essential.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic fundraising plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
The Outreach Director (OD) is an experienced professional responsible for cultivating strategic partnerships through community outreach activities and is a member of the Suffolk L.I. The OD develops sponsorship/business arrangements and relationships with profit and non-profit organizations, individuals, schools and political entities interested in supporting M&M general operations and program areas. This position interfaces regularly with the leadership of the Board of Directors, senior staff and reports directly to M&M’s Executive Director.
- Strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking.
- Establishes clear outreach expectations and continuously measures M&M performance in doing so.
- The role requires initiative, resourcefulness and experience as a “self-starter”.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications:
- Public speaking and confidently communicating verbally to a wide variety of audiences.
- Develops clear written content for use on the M&M website and within print materials.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donors, collaborating organizations and partnerships.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including – logistics, correspondence, financial reports and printed materials.
- Ability to coordinate and lead community based meetings, gatherings and organizing outreach campaigns.
- When appropriate, plans press events to promote the program.
- Provides updates to M&M’s website regularly with events, information and news surrounding the outreach program and efforts.
- Attends Suffolk County fairs and conferences to promote the program.
- Performs related work as required.
- Work with M&M leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan targeting individual, private, corporate, school and other organizations.
- Determine potential partners relevant to M&M through research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with M&M’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
- Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorship from new and continuing partners.
- Submit proposals to engage potential partners on behalf of M&M. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
- Research and assist in developing plans for expanding the M&M’s presence.
- Serve as an ambassador of the M&M mission in the interaction with current and potential partners and the media.
- Maintain current reports and documents on outreach activity submitted to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimal five plus years of business/development experience.
- Successful partnership cultivation experience and a keen understanding of community outreach development.
- Must understand the community’s culture and ethnicity and be able to take advantage of opportunities and to respond positively to its challenges.
- Knowledge and experience in community organizing. Strong familiarity with strategies that strengthen community participation.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish) an asset.